There is nothing better than BBQ chicken and corn during the summer. It’s the perfect outdoor summer meal. We found this recipe while searching for corn recipes. It’s perfect and very tasty. We hope you enjoy and let us know what you think.
- 8 ears fresh corn, shucked
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Kosher salt
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tbsp. tarragon, chopped, plus leaves for topping
- 8 small chicken legs, split
- 1/2 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- Heat grill on high and heat oven to 400°F. Grill 4 ears corn until charred on all sides, about 5 minutes total. Transfer to cutting board. Reduce grill to medium.
- Cut charred kernels off cobs and set aside (about 2 cups). Cut kernels off remaining 4 ears corn (about 2 1/2 cups). Heat oil in medium saucepan on medium. Add onion, raw kernels, and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add cream, bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer until cream is reduced by one-third and mixture has thickened, about 15 minutes. Using immersion blender, puree corn mixture until mostly smooth. With blender running, add egg and yolk; blend to combine.
- Fold in charred corn and tarragon, then transfer to shallow 2-quart or 9-inch-square baking dish. Bake until pudding is set and top is beginning to brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle with tarragon leaves.
- Meanwhile, season chicken with 1⁄2 teaspoon each salt and pepper and grill, covered, turning occasionally, 18 minutes. Uncover and continue grilling, basting with barbecue sauce, until chicken is cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes more.
Nutritional Information (per serving): About 715 calories, 43.5 g fat (19.5 g saturated), 53 g protein, 645 mg sodium, 29 g carb, 2 g fiber
Good Housekeeping – 8/19