This late summer salad combines sweet August corn (charred on the grill to perfection), bursting ripe tomatoes, and fragrant fresh basil.
If you don’t have a grill, no problem! Instead, roast your foil-wrapped corn in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
What You’ll Need:
- 4 ears corn, husked
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
What to Do:
- Heat your grill on high. (Or heat your oven to 350 degrees.)
- Wrap each ear of corn in tin foil. The whole cob should be covered with just one layer.
- Place the wrapped corn on the grill. Cook about five minutes per side, using tongs to turn occasionally.
- Remove the corn from the grill and let it cool completely.
- To remove the corn kernels from the cob, stand the corn upright in a large bowl, and holding the top of the corn, use a sharp knife to cut off the kernels from top to bottom. Discard corn cobs. (You should have about 2 to 21/2 cups corn kernels)
- Add the tomatoes, basil, olive oil, salt, and pepper to the bowl of corn. Stir to combine.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature. This dish would go great with anything from grilled fish or chicken to a classic cheeseburger.
Kelli Dunn; Greatist 8/2013