ENJOY the flavors of the Mediterranean with shrimp tossed w/lemon, pepper and served over orzo.
- 1 cup uncooked orzo
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 7 teaspoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 1/2lbs peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cook orzo according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain. Place orzo in a medium bowl. Stir in parsley and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cover and keep warm.
- While orzo cooks, melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle shrimp with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add half of shrimp to pan; saute 2 minutes or until almost done. Transfer shrimp to a plate. Melt 1 teaspoon butter in pan. Add remaining shrimp to pan; saute 2 minutes or until almost done. Transfer to plate.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in pan. Add garlic to pan; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in shrimp, juice, and pepper; cook 1 minute or until shrimp are done.
Cooking Light, March 2012