Add a splash of maple syrup, feta and almond and this becomes a sweet, savory and healthy side dish for the holiday. Enjoy.
• 1 c. Brussel Sprouts, halved
• ¼ c. Chestnuts, halved
• 2 T. Maple Syrup
• 1 T. Almonds
• 2 T. Non- Fat Feta
• Fill a pot with ½ c. of water and bring to a boil.
• Add Brussel Sprouts and allow them to boil for 10-12 minutes or until Brussel Sprouts are tender enough to stick a fork through them.
• Remove them from the heat and pour them into a colander to drain the water. Rinse Brussel Sprouts in cold water and pour them into a mixing bowl.
• Add maple syrup and chestnuts and toss ingredients together.
• Pour Brussel Sprouts and chestnut mixture into a pan and sauté them for 5-7 minutes on medium-high heat until Brussel Sprouts begin to caramelize.
• While Brussel Sprouts are cooking, toast almonds in either an oven or toaster oven at 350 F or until almonds are golden brown.
• Once both the sautéed Brussel Sprouts and the almonds are done add almonds and feta to the Brussel Sprouts and chestnuts.
Nutrition Facts: Serves: 2, Serving Size: 1/2 cup; Calories Per Serving: 126; Total Fat: 2g; Protein: 4g; Carbohydrate: 23g; Fiber: 2g; Sugar: 6g; Sodium: 78mg
Recipe provided by the Nutrition Twins, 10/2015