One Pot Chicken with Apples is an easy and rustic dinner option made with healthy vegetables and apples. This dish is the quintessential fall recipe! With the seasons changing, We are sharing a one pan meal that has all the fall flavors and is super easy to make. The great thing about this recipe is that the meat, vegetables, and fruit are all cooked in the same pan making cleanup so simple and I am all about simple!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breast, diced boneless, skinless
- 1 teaspoon salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon chopped
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled and diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium white onion chopped
- 2 granny smith apples cored, and diced
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chicken stock divided
- Heat the olive oil in a large, nonstick pan over medium high heat, until hot and shimmering. Add the diced chicken, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Cook until lightly brown and cooked through. Transfer chicken to a plated lined with paper towels.
- Reduce the pan heat to medium low. Add chopped bacon and cook until crisp and brown. Reserve 1 1/2 tablespoons of bacon fat. Transfer bacon to the plate that the chicken is on using a slotted spoon.
- Increase the heat back to medium high. Add broccoli, sweet potato, onion and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook until the vegetables are crisp-tender and the onion is translucent, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the apples, garlic, thyme, and cinnamon. Cook 1 minute, then pour in 1/2 cup of the chicken stock. Bring to a boil and cook until the stock has evaporated. Add the chicken and remaining 1/2 cup chicken stock. Cooked until heated through. Then add the bacon and serve warm.
Recipe by Jamilyn Nye; I Heart Naptime – 9/2019