This unusual combination of layers the flavors of onion, turmeric w/ripe summer fruit and zesty time. Makes 2 servings so you can freeze and save it.
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and minced
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ zucchini, sliced
- 1 peach cut into thick slices
- ½ corn on the cob, kernels
- 2 tbs chicken drippings (optional)
- 1 cup canned organic northern beans, rinsed
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 cup roasted chicken, breast and thigh meat
- 1/3 cup farro, cooked
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 handfuls of arugula
- Chopped cucumber
- In a large skillet, combine olive oil with garlic and red onion. Soften onions on med. Heat, about 3 minutes.
- Add turmeric, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add zucchini, peach slices, and corn. Quickly sauté until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken drippings, beans, and lime juice to the pan.
- Add chicken breast and cooked farro.
- Add 1 cup of chicken stock and bring mixture to a simmer. Then add the spinach to wilt.
- Divide between two containers and store in the fridge.
Simple Side Salad:
- Place 1 cucumber in container with arugula
- Store in fridge and slice fresh the day of
At work or when you get home from work:
- Reheat stew in a small saucepan or in the microwave on low until warm.
- Enjoy w/a side salad or arugula and cucumbers dressed with a lemon or lime wedge, oregano oil, and turmeric salt shaker.
To print this recipe click here: Peach and Zucchini Chicken Stew
Futhermore Editors, Equinox 7/17