This penne pasta toss, featuring asparagus, spinach, and bacon, comes together in a snap on busy weeknights. It’s pretty yummy!
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 2 bacon slices
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 1/2 cups (1-inch) slices asparagus (about 1 pound)
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups bagged baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) pre-shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook pasta according to the package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain; keep warm.
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan; crumble.
- Add onion to drippings in pan; sauté 1 minute.
- Add asparagus and broth to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
- Add pasta, spinach, 1/4 cup cheese, and pepper to pan; toss well.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese and bacon.