Last month we shared the benefits of winter squash so this month we thought we would share a tasty recipe (Butternut Squash & Apple Salad w/Cider Vinaigrette) for you to try. The recipe makes 4 servings.
Tip: when choosing a squash pick one that’s firm and smooth with blemish-free skin. It should be heavy for its size and the rind should be hard, as soft rinds may indicate that the squash is watery and lacking in flavor.
- 10 Oz diced butternut squash
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup(s) Spiced Apple Cider
- 1 Tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup(s) olive oil
- 1 gala apple, sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) candied pecans
- 4 Oz crumbled goat cheese
- 4 cup(s) mixed greens
- Place a large Pyrex baking dish in the oven and preheat to 400ºF.
- Toss squash with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season as desired.
- Once oven is hot, add oiled butternut squash to the hot baking dish and bake 20 to 30 minutes until squash is tender and browned.
- Meanwhile, make the vinaigrette by processing cider, Dijon mustard and garlic in a blender.
- With blender on low speed, slowly adding in olive oil until emulsified.
- Remove squash from oven and combine with apples, pecans, goat cheese and mix greens.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette and serve. Store remaining vinaigrette in an airtight container for 1 week.