- 2 cups arugula, generously packed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons raw pinenuts
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups of freshly grated parmigiano regianno
- 1/4 cup freshly grated pecorino romano
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- Sea salt
- Fill a large bowl with ice and cold water. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Quickly blanch the arugula in the boiling water, just for a second or two. Remove immediately with a small strainer and place directly in the ice bath to cool. Once cool, scoop up the arugula and squeeze any excess water out of it.
- In a food processor, place the arugula, garlic, pine nuts, and olive oil. Blend until you have a creamy consistency.
- Place the pesto into a large bowl. With a spoon or spatula, mix in the two cheeses and the softened butter.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook spaghetti according to instructions until al dente.
- Scoop cooked pasta directly into the bowl with pesto. Mix to combine. Add a little pasta water if necessary to loosen the pasta.
- Serve immediately.