Refreshing and easy to prepare a head of time or for a quick meal.
- 6 ounces skirt steak
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- ½ peach, sliced into ⅛ inch-thick pieces
- 2 tablespoons chimichurri
- 1 cucumber
- ½ ear of corn, kernels
- ¼ small red onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup arugula
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ¼ avocado
- 1 ounce goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons toasted pumpkin seeds
- Season steak with salt and pepper and sear until medium rare (about 3 minutes on each side).
- Place steak aside and allow to rest. Sear peach slices in the same pan (roughly 2 minutes).
- Slice steak and top with 2 tablespoons of chimichurri and place in a small container. Top with 2 tablespoons of chimichurri and store in fridge.
- In a salad container, place cooled peaches with whole cucumber, raw corn kernels, and red onion. Top with arugula and baby spinach and store in the fridge along with avocado and goat cheese in separate compartments. Note: This can be done as part of prep on Sunday if desired.
Next day or whenever you’re ready to eat:
- Slice the cucumber and avocado and add them to the salad.
- Place steak on salad and toss with additional chimichurri, goat cheese, and pumpkin seeds. Another option is to heat steak gently in the microwave or toaster oven for 30 seconds.
Futhermore, Equinox 7/2017