We decided it would be fun throughout the summer to suggest different ways you can fit in your exercise. Following are this months ten tips to stay moving throughout the month.
- Take a hike thru the Arboretum before coming to our Anniversary Party on the 22nd.
- Get into some spring cleaning – you can burn up to 400 calories an hour and what’s better than a clean house?
- Take a computer time out – for every hour you sit at your desk get up and move for at least 10 minutes. Stretch, take a walk, do a dance in your office, just move – you’ll feel better.
- Use technology – according to the American Journal of of Preventive Medicine women who wore FitBits took 782 extra steps per day.
- Do a supermarket victory lap – before you hit the checkout line, take an extra walk around the perimeter of the store.
- Get a dog – people who own dogs are more likely to hit the daily recommended amount of physical activity than people who don’t have dogs.
- Wash and wax your car – according to the Harvard School of Public Health and 155lb person can burn up to 167 calories. You’ll also have a spiffy clean ride.
- Perform jumping jacks during the commercials. When watching your favorite shows – perform jumping jacks, push-ups or just move thru the commercials.
- Park at the end of the parking lot – we all have errands to run everyday. Accumulate some steps by parking at the end of the parking lot.
- When you finish eating dinner – take a little stroll. It’s a beautiful time of day and you’ll feel better from being outdoors.
More tips to come next month!